UConn EDEN is part of the nationwide EDEN system located at all the land-grant institutions, and is based-on four strategic goals:
(1) Enhance the abilities of individuals, families, organizations, agencies, businesses, and institutions prepare for, prevent, mitigate, and recover from disasters and emergencies.
(2) Serve as a statewide resource for university research-based disaster outreach education.
(3) Strengthen Extension’s capacity and commitment to address disaster and emergency preparedness issues.
(4) Strengthen Extension’s capacity to provide research-based disaster education and scholarship.
UConn Extension Educators from diverse disciplines respond to four program areas:
- agricultural disasters and security
- human health and emergency preparedness
- community preparedness and resiliency
- workplace emergency preparedness